Types of changes you can request
Request changes to certification
You can request certain changes to your facility certification, including:
- varying your certification
- extending your certification
- suspending your certification
- lifting a suspension
- surrendering your certification
If your organisation intends to conduct maintenance work in a low level facility (PC1 and PC2 excluding PC2 Large Scale), please review the following documents to ensure minimal disruption of your certified facility:
- Factsheet: provides information on the type of notification, if any, or
- Decision tree: provides outcomes based on your responses to the questions.
This maintenance work may require no notification, notification of minor works or an application to request changes to certification.
Notification of Minor Works
You can notify us of short-term changes to your facility certification for the purpose of conducting minor works, under certain circumstances. Prior to commencement of minor works and after completion of minor works, please submit a notification of minor works form.
Before you lodge your application
- Ensure you provide the minimum information with your application. We will not accept an application without it.
- Check you are authorised by the certification holder to apply to modify a certification. We maintain a list of authorised persons for each certification holder. If you are not on this list, the application must state that you are authorised to request the modification.
- Consult the facility certification guidelines and Guidelines for the Transport, Storage and Disposal of GMOs, as required.
Submit your request
Request changes to certification
Use this form to request a variation (including extensions), suspension, lifting of a suspension or surrender of your facility certification.
Notification of minor works
Use this form to notify us of commencement or completion of minor works to your PC1 or PC2 facility.
You can also email or post your request or notification, along with supporting information.
After you’ve lodged your request
If you lodge an application to request changes to certification online, you will receive an email receipt with a PDF of your application attached.
- We will notify you of your application’s reference number. Please use this in any correspondence with us regarding the certification application.
- Contact us if we have not notified you of your reference number within 2 weeks of lodging your application.
- You may not make any alterations to a certified facility until a decision on your request has been made.
If you lodge a notification of commencement/completion of minor works online, you will receive an email receipt with a PDF of your notification attached.
- You may commence minor works one working day after submitting the notification.
- You must notify us of completion of minor works without delay.
- You may commence work with GMOs after submitting the completion of minor works notification without further confirmation from us.
There are no statutory time frames for actioning applications to modify certifications. However, we generally try to action:
- variations within 90 working days
- suspensions and lift of suspensions within 3 working days
- surrenders within 7 working days.
If you require an urgent suspension please contact us.
These time frames do not include weekends, ACT public holidays, and time spent waiting for applicants to respond to requests for additional information.