Approval to conduct an NLRD
- The applicant submits an NLRD proposal to an Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC). We strongly recommend using the Record of Assessment (RoA) guidance document when preparing an NLRD proposal.
- IBC reviews the proposal to confirm it meets the requirements for an NLRD:
- Checks that parts 1 or 2 of Schedule 3 of the Regulations mentions the dealing, but not part 3.
- Determines the suitability of the people and facilities proposed for the dealings.
- IBCs must prepare an RoA for each proposed NLRD. They give a copy of each RoA to the applicant. The applicant must not commence the NLRD until they receive the RoA.
We recommend that IBC’s use the model form when preparing an RoA.
You cannot change an RoA. If you need to change your dealings, you must apply for a new assessment.
Report an NLRD
Those conducting NLRDs must report them to the Regulator. This can be any time from the date of assessment until 30 September of the following financial year.
Organisations accredited under the Gene Technology Act 2000 must report NLRDs prior to submitting their annual report to the Regulator.
Use this form to report the NLRD.
You can use a template to bulk import NLRD details into the online reporting form.
Do not use this spreadsheet to report NLRDs via email.
If you need help to complete the online form refer to our NLRD import instructions guide.
You can also report NLRDs using the downloadable form.