Contact us first
Call us on 1800 181 030 as soon as possible if you think you have inadvertently come into possession of a GMO.
We will discuss your situation and options, including any additional authorisations you may need.
You must apply for a licence even if you have already disposed of the GMO.
Apply for a licence
Apply for an inadvertent dealings licence
Apply for a licence to deal with a GMO you have come into possession of inadvertently.
You can also apply for an inadvertent licence using a downloadable form.
- Apply for an inadvertent dealings licence.
- We acknowledge the receipt of the application and assign it an ID number. Use this ID when enquiring about the application.
- We may ask you for more information.
- The Regulator makes a decision on the application.
- We notify you of the decision.
- We record the decision on the public GMO Record.