If you think someone you know is not complying with their responsibilities under the Gene Technology Act 2000, we want to hear from you. We depend on good information to deal with people who are breaking Australia's gene technology laws and to ensure industry integrity. You can e-mail using the electronic form on the OGTR Web Site, post or fax your report of possible non-compliant conduct of GMO dealings to the OGTR.
Office of the Gene Technology Regulator,
GPO BOX 9848 CANBERRA ACT 2601
Telephone: 1800 181 030
Facsimile: 02 6271 4202
Any information concerning alleged non-compliant conduct of GMO dealings provided to the OGTR will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Use the following checklist to help you prepare the information the OGTR will need to assess your allegation of non-compliant conduct relating to GMO dealings. None of the fields are mandatory, but we appreciate as much information you can provide.
- Your name, your preferred title, your home address and your telephone numbers (work and home) so the OGTR can contact you if necessary;
- The names of the licence holder and / or persons you believe are being non-compliant. Are any private citizens, organisations or companies involved? If so, please also include their names and contact details, if known, and any other information you believe may be relevant;
- A summary of the matter you are reporting. Please include names, dates, times, locations and any other information you believe may be relevant;
- If it is not apparent from your summary, please indicate how you became aware of the matter you are reporting;
- Are there other people who know about this matter and who could assist the OGTR. If so, please include their names and contact details and indicate whether they are aware that you have provided their details to the OGTR;
- Please indicate whether you have reported this matter to any other agencies. It will help if you include the names of any other agencies you have contacted about this matter, when you contacted them and their responses;
- Do you have or know of any documents, records or other information that may be relevant? Please include any information on any documents or records that you believe may assist the OGTR. Note that you do not need to provide these documents to the OGTR. They will be requested if needed; and
- If the OGTR pursues the matter or decides to refer it to another agency, it may be necessary to identify you as the source of this information. Do you consent to your name and contact details being disclosed to another agency?