287. Additional information has been identified that may be required to assess an application for a large scale or commercial release of these GM sugarcane lines, or to justify a reduction in containment conditions. This would include:
- additional data on the potential allergenicity and toxicity of plant materials from the GM sugarcane lines
- phenotypic characterisation of the GM sugarcane lines, in particular of traits which may contribute to weediness, persistence, altered reproductive capability and ability to disperse in the environment
- molecular characterisation of the GM sugarcane lines
- additional information on potential pollen flow from sugarcane to sexually compatible species.